Vegan Snickers Protein Bars
- 1/2 c almond meal (or gluten free oats)
- 3/4 c vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 c coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp natural sweetener
- 2 c dates (seeds removed and soak in boiling water for 20 mins)
- 1/4 c coconut oil (melted)
- 1-2 tbsp natural peanut butter (melted)
- 2 tbsp unsweetned almond milk
- 1/2 c peanuts (you can oven roast them – but it won’t be a raw desert)
- Mix the base ingredients in a a food processor until it is a fine crumb texture, and then press into a 8×8” brownie tin lined with baking paper. Place in the freezer until required.
- In a food processor pulse the caramel filling ingredients, until smooth. Pour over the base and freeze for 2 hours.
- Melted down the choc chip and peanut butter an mix together. Pour over the caramel and place back into freezer until chocolate has set (less than 10 mins – I left mine in overnight).
- Store in fridge or freezer.
Nutrition – Cals 150, protein 6, carbs 16, fat 7.
Recipe by: Misskkitchencreations
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.