Iced Gingerbread Protein Donuts
- 60g vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup baking stevia
- 3 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp. blackstrap molasses (or full flavor molasses)
- 30g vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cashew milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil (I used Sweet Spreads)
- 2-3 tsp. stevia (to taste)
- 1/8 tsp. pure almond extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Whisk together dry ingredients (through cloves) in a mixing bowl.
- Mix in wet ingredients (through molasses).
- Spoon batter into a sealable baggie and cut off one corner to make a piping bag.
- Use piping bag to squeeze batter into donut wells.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes until firm.
- While donuts cool, mix up your icing.
- Spread icing over donut and enjoy!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.