The second biggest day of the year to consume food is the one and only.... Super Bowl! A staple food during the game feast has become chicken wings. According to the National Chicken Council’s 2015 Wing Report, 1.25 billion wings will be eaten during Super Bowl XLIX, while fans watch the Seattle Seahawks and New England Patriots go head to head for the Lombardi Trophy.
75% of chicken wings will be ordered from restaurants rather than grocery stores. According to CHD, the top five chicken wing chains in the United States include Wingstop (44%), Pizza Hut’s WingStreet (25%), Hurricane Grill & Wings (6%), Wow Café & Wingery (4%), and Wing Zone (4%).
In 2015 more than 300 new chicken wing restaurants opened, including 30 more in December. The average price of whole wings is estimated around $1.78/lb, which is down from about $2.00/lb this time last year, according to the Daily Northeast Broiler/Fryer Report by the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Agriculture Marketing Service.
Looking for a healthy alternative? Call in a healthy gameday audible with these Quest Boneless Wings!
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Trim excess fat off of one medium to large chicken breast (7-8oz trimmed).
3. Cut into about 12 nugget sized pieces.
4. Transfer chicken pieces into a small bowl, and add 1tbsp of your favorite hot sauce and set aside.
1. In a blender add one bag of Quest Sea Salt Protein Chips and 1/8 cup (14 grams) shredded fat free mozzarella cheese.
2. Use the pulsing mechanism on your blender crush you chips and cheese into a fine crunchy consistency and transfer to a shallow dish.
3. In a shallow dish pour 1 Tbsp white whole wheat flour.
4. Now in another shallow dish crack 2 egg whites or (70g) egg substitute.
The breading process:
1. With your LEFT HAND, coat each boneless wing piece in flour.
2. Then give them an egg white bath.
3. Finally drop them into your Quest Protein Chip mix and with your RIGHT HAND roll and press your boneless wings into the Quest Chip mix.
4. Transfer breaded wings to a baking sheet sprayed with buttered flavored non-stick baking spray and give your wings a quick spray as well.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes and flip them halfway through (20 minute mark) when you turn them give them a quick spray with your buttered flavored baking spray.
6. Cool your boneless wings on a paper towel for 2-5 minutes, this will help remove excess moisture and keep them crispy.
7. Dip them in the sauce of your choice one at a time and serve!
Macros per 6 boneless wings (makes 12): 217 calories. Fat: 2.5g. Carbs: 7.5g. Protein: 40g.
Comments will be approved before showing up.